President’s Message – Winter 2024
As we transition to our winter programming, the West Point Grey Community Centre Association (WPGCCA) is pleased that this is the 54th year that we have been jointly operating the West Point Grey Community Centre with the Vancouver Board of Parks and Recreation since 1972. In 2018, we signed a new Joint Operating Agreement to strengthen our relationship. WPGCCA Board appreciates all of our wonderful hardworking community centre staff, including our new Community Recreation Supervisor, Eric Bagnall.
Here are a few of our new program highlights:
Preschool & Children
- “Little Learners” and “Rally Stars” – Beginner Tennis Lessons for Kids – Your little ones will learn the fundamentals of tennis using modified equipment such as smaller rackets.
- Ivy’s Breakfast Club – Basketball Player Development – Kids will focus on footwork, ball handling, shooting, passing, and defense in a thrilling and fun-filled environment.
- Spring Break – Camps with Bricks 4 Kidz, Steam 4 Kids, DRIVE Basketball, Fire & Flower Empowerment, Sportball, Wize Computing Academy, and Film Camp In A Box.
- Zumba® Kids and Jr. – Combine movement, music, community and a healthy lifestyle for children. These fitness classes are rocking, high-energy dance parties, and kid-friendly routines!
Adults & Seniors
- Zumba® Gold – This is a low impact dance-fitness class for beginners and seniors. With easy to follow moves to create a dynamic and fun fitness class, Zumba® Gold strives to improve your balance, strength, flexibility, and heart.
- Adult Beginner Tennis Lessons – For players with some or no tennis experience, but would like to learn the sport! Players will learn the basics of rallying, volleys, serving, footwork, point-play, and how the scoring system works. Classes will be fun and engaging, with a “play to learn” approach.
- Beginner Ballet – Try a free Beginner Ballet class! An open level ballet program designed for dancers who want to learn ballet through exercises to condition the body, creativity and to compliment short choreographies.
- Beginner Contemporary Dance – Try a free Beginner Contemporary Dance class! Contemporary dance is a style of expressive dance that combines elements of several dance genres including modern, jazz, lyrical and classical ballet. Play with pushing boundaries, gravity, breathtaking imagery, intricate gestures, strength, art, and movement vs stillness.
- Watercolour 101 – Create your own captivating artwork using watercolour. Learn brushstrokes, brush techniques, and colour mixing. Gain the experience you need through and unleash your artistic creativity!
Join us for our returning and popular Winter events such as Family Day (Feb 17), Breakfast with Bunny (Mar 23), and the Spring Market (Apr 20)!
Thank you for your continuing patronage and interest in our Community Centre.
Enjoy all this season has to offer!
Find us on social media
Stay up-to-date on the latest news and information about our Centre here and on our social media pages: Facebook and Twitter. Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to be in the know about upcoming programs, workshops and special events.
The West Point Grey Community Centre is jointly operated by the West Point Grey Community Centre Association and the Vancouver Board of Parks and Recreation. The centre offers an exciting blend of programming in Recreation, Sport and the Arts for all age groups.
The West Point Grey Community Association mission is to promote individual and community development by providing quality leisure services.
Click “See Floorplan” below to see the tour in full-screen.
Virtual Tour by SeeVirtual